Thursday, October 28, 2010

Reposting of Mr. P

So this blog Post is actually from a while ago. I posted it. Then deleted it. Now I am posting it again. I am now FB friends with this person and I didn't want him to read it...so that is why is disappeared. But I have removed any links from my FB page to this blog...so he shouldn't read this post unless he really look, which I find highly unlikely......This is how it went (this is just for you Shiree)
  So 15 days ago I had inspiration while I was taking a nice hot shower. I love showers because they just clear my mind and that is where I do my best thinking. Well I was thinking about something very different that night when a new thought came into my head. I should sign up for Institute at the Orem Institute. Now I had never really thought about it before but it was very clear and kinda forceful. So when I got out of the shower, still in my bath robe I got online and signed up for classes. The next day I got an email confirmation from none other than the beautiful Momma Boulter. The next week I went to class. Brother Wilkes Book of Mormon class. The second I walk in I see my great long lost friend, Derek Lundahl. We had fun catching up and laughed really hard at some really stupid thing I said. *Sigh* Still funny. And then I went to class. And there at the door greeting was the most handsome man I have seen in a while. He was tall, medium brown hair, blue, blue eyes, crinkly smile and dimples, oh and did I mention that he is superbly dress? Perfection. I get super excited and I think my heart stopped beating for a second. Well people were coming in and I didn't want to look really really stupid standing there still holding his hand, so I went and found a seat in the front of the class, the good school girl in me coming out. The lesson was really good. It was the Monday after conference so we just talked about conference and how uplifting and totally awesome it was. So class ends and I have to go talk to the wonderful Mrs. Boulter, because smart me I signed up for 2 BOM classes. Now don't get me wrong I love the Book of Mormon, but I don't really want to take 2 classes of it. So I went and changed it to what I thought I had signed up for. The Tue/Thurs Teaching of the Living Prophets Class. So I get that all worked out and leave, only to find that I have a boot on my car. *Yeah I know I shouldn't have parked there* But I was very nice and I really couldn't care less, I was still on the high of Mr.Perfection. So the next day I didn't go to class, I wasn't sure that I had been 'put' in it yet, which doesn't really matter looking back on it, but whateve, So I went to the BOM class so excited to see Mr. Perfection, and maybe talk to him. Driving from work down there I was all nervous, I get nervous everyday before I go. Man I am a little pathetic...anyway. The class was good and I saw him. And the next day was the Prophets class and I walk in! ***AHHHHH*** (Angelic choirs singing) There he is greeting people at the door. Best day ever! I now have both of my classes with him. I get to see him four times a week! So great.
Well on Monday and Tuesday, I started talking to him as we walked out to the parking lot, "So I don't really know your name." "Oh yeah, it is....and your name?" "It is Leah, nice to meet you"....Blah, blah, blah. The normal stuff.  On Tuesday he gave the spiritual thought about blacks getting the priesthood, random but really great. Powerful and convincing and heartfelt. So walking out I told him thank you for the thought, and we started talking about my time in Africa, AIDS and all that. Random, but at least we were talking. The last two days have been amazing. Nothing could get me down. I have perma smile. And I am really thankful for that prompting. Hoping it was all about him. But I am thinking it might be. I don't know yet, it is too early to tell. I am praying that we can get to know each other better. If nothing happens I really want to be his friend because of the goodness I see in him. But I am really thinking the reason for the prompting was the classes themselves. Go figure. They have been so great. Today some thing really hit me and I was left in tears because if it. We were discussing 2 Nephi 29-30. Nephi had vision of our day, these latter days, about the stiff necks and pride and the destruction. And in verse 10 of 30 it says, "For the time speedily cometh that the Lord God shall cause a great division among the people,". We discussed how that is coming to pass. There is a divide among children of men. And I thought, what side of the divide I hope that I am on. Then I thought about some of my dear wonderful friends that I love so much, that have made some choices that put them on the wrong side of the divide. And it really really made me sad, and I hope I can resolve to be a better example to those people to help them back over the chasm.
So the classes are amazing. I love them and I hope I can keep going. I am praying and hoping I can keep talking with Mr. Perfection, and that we become friends. Really, really, really good friends.

PS. My interview for the CASA position is tomorrow! AGH! I am so excited and scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment