Friday, April 1, 2011

Back and more Tidbits of word treasure

So I am back on Facebook. I was once told that to break a habit it took 13 days of dedication. So that was my goal with Facebook, to break a bad habit. I really don't need facebook and it was become too controlling. I have stripped it of it's power and it can be used for good again. I already had a wonderful conversation with one of my very very amazing friends that lives in New York. So anyway....I am still reading this book Finding Fish and it has proved to be uplifting and eye opening. I have learned a lot from it. It is a really sad book but it has so many good lessons in it. Just a few more things I wanted to share from it, Antwone is talking about this teacher that changed his life and her husband, "We became a family. And she shared Milton with us.....Milton Profit is an average-looking black man, not super handsome or dashing, but a true gentleman. And when he sees his wife, he looks at her as if seeing her beauty for the first time, like he can't believe he is so lucky as to be married to her. They hug and liss, two lovebirds. Not too much, but enough to show how much they cherish each other."

Sigh. I love that.

The author also talks a lot about his horrible foster family that abuse him in every way possible. But it is when they are boarding mentally ill adults that he realizes this bit of truth: "Anyone who demeans another person in word or deed demeans him or herself." 

How true is that? I have always looked at people who are rude and mean to others and think, "That just proves that you are the lesser person." 
So is so amazingly excited for conference? I AM! Best two days ever. Uplifting, inspiring and we always have good food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment