Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'm Twenty-Three, Twenty-Three, Twenty-Three, La La La La La....

So Thursday was my Twenty-Third Birthday. Yes. Yes, it was on Thanksgiving. It was wonderful. It started on Wednesday, with Pie Night. A new Tradition we started. You know when you have Thanksgiving dinner and you never have room for pie after, well we have pie the night before. It was delish. Then one of my besties came over and gave me the most thoughtful gift ever. I love and adore her so so very much. What would life be without Friends? Then the big day came. Ben and April stayed the night, in the trailer parked in our back yard, ghetto, I know, but it worked out well because Ben and the Skinny don't mix. I-kiek drove up the night before and Ryan drove up that morning. Mom and Bee were making dinner and wouldn't let me help. Dinner was ready at 1 and we feasted on the most amazing food ever, Dutch oven turkey (oh yeah, fall of the bone goodness), curried yams, Mashed Potatoes, home made cranberry sauce, yummy stuffing...and the good stuff. Then we had time to clean up, ate birthday cake, Lemon, opened presents from my parents, I sent my mom a list of potential gifts about a month ago and she did a great job! and then headed off to HARRY POTTER 7. Ben, Ike and Bee went an hour early to save seats. We got the row behind the handicap seats, with the bar to put your feet upon, the best seats ever. Harry Potter was so, so.....beyond my expectations. And that is saying a ton. I had just read the seventh book a month ago, again. There were only a few things that were missing from the movie, but they did an amazing job. Pure Magic. Then we went home and ate more pie, I had to make my famous eggnog pumpkin pie! I got a bunch of FB birthday wishes, but my favorite was from my Bestie and her Husband, they called and left me a voice mail that just made me smile for a long time.
So Friday I just chilled and cleaned my room. Today did the same, but went out to dinner with my parents. The waiter flirted with me, not a good thing. The was gangley and pimplie. He asked how old I was turning and I replied 23. Then gave a shocked little, "Oh, I'm just 22." Then he came back and had to sing happy birthday, and had to ask my name 3 times, he kept saying Leeann....and he left a little card in with the check, that said, Happy 23rd Birthday, but sadly he spelled Happy and Birthday wrong. My dad is still laughing at it. **Sigh** Oh well. It was a very good birthday to say the least.

2 comments:

  1. HAppy Late birthday Leah!! I LOVED that story! sounds like it was perfect!! LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like soooooooooooooo much fun! I should have left Kevin home and came over to celebrate the whole thing with your family! It was way tooooo quiet here! Love your blog and you so much! Have another great day sweetie!

    ReplyDelete