Sunday, November 21, 2010

So I totally Cook

At ward prayer tonight we had linger longer. I used to make something for linger longer every time we had it, like four years ago when I was first in the ward. I have been slacking. But today I made something. And people were like, Whoa you cook? And I was heck yes I do. I love cooking, baking and all that Jazz. I have been, like I said, slacking. Once upon a time I was in this really amazing chef prep class in High School...no I didn't take it at AF, I had to drive to PG and take it. Well in this class I had so much fun. I competed in a state cooking competition, like Iron Chef. It was pretty much amazing. And I also really really really looked into going to culinary school, the only schooling I was really serious about....So Yes I cook. When Ben, my brother in law, describes me to dudes he wants to set me up on dates with he says something like this: She is pretty and nice, and she makes this AMAZING dessert called Malva Pudding, he probably salivates a little bit. It is really good. But tonight the thing that got everyone talking were cookie dough truffles. Super easy and yummy, I think Clark Taylor's heart stopped for a sec when he took his first bite. SO I thought I would share the recipe with you.

3 sticks of Butter, room Temp.
2/3 cup Sugar

Cream them together.
When the butter and sugar is a light lemon color and fluffy add:
1 tsp Vanilla
3 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Corn Starch

Mix together and add Chocolate chips, I used dark chocolate and mint chocolate chips.

Form the dough into little balls on a lined baking sheet. Refrigerate.

Melt Almond bark or any type of melting chocolate in a double boiler. Coat the dough balls in chocolate and put back onto the Sheet. Refrigerate and enjoy :)

Maybe someday I will have to share the coveted Malva Pudding Recipe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment