Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 2 of the Facebook Challenge.

So it is day 2 of the Facebook challenge. Well yesterday was but I couldn't blog about it yesterday because the internet was down at my house. I didn't even know until late last night. Did I really care? No Because I don't have Facebook any more! How liberating. Well anyway. I talked to 3 besties, (Hey Besties) that I haven't talked to in weeks. I talked to the beautiful, Danielle, Kayleigh, and Nicole. Danielle, I have been friends with since high school. I love and adore her more than words. So we are going to have a girl date on Monday. I am very excited about that. Kayleigh, is amazing and I am grateful to Mozy for be that is how we became friends. The job and company sucked but I got a best friend out of it. We are still trying to work out our schedules so we can play. I need to see her new house that she just bought! Then last night I went over to Nicole's house, I have known her since jr high, but we weren't really friends until two years ago. She was apparently having a pretty bad day, she didn't even go to work yesterday. So I was very glad that I decided to skip out on institute and go and see her instead so I could try and cheer her up! She showed me all of her engagement pictures, Breathtaking, and then we did a little shopping for her wedding, Matt you should love me ;),  it was so much fun. We laughed and had a fabulous time. I really needed my wonderful friends! I love them so much and they make me so happy! So day two of the Challenge I feel was very successful! 




So on another note. My mother is wonderful. She works with this really funny great lady, and my mother noticed that she had the soundtrack from my all time favorite movie, Cold Mountain. So she asked to borrow it and I fell asleep to it last night and it was best sleep I have had in a while. Such an amazing movie. If you haven't seen it you need to. I have an edited copy of it. I can watch it over and over and over. It is so sad but so beautiful! Everything about it is brilliant and breathtaking. The music, the cinematography, the story, the acting. Listen to this line up, even big names are in the tiniest parts.... Jude LawNicole Kidman and RenĂ©e Zellweger in lead roles as well as Natalie PortmanPhillip Seymour HoffmanMelora WaltersJena Malone, and Giovanni Ribisi, Lucas Black, Cillian Murphy, Donald Sutherland, Ethan Suplee, and Jack White from The White Stripes All amazing. 
There is one line that I love oh so very much. Inman is talking to the old goat lady Maddy, he says,  "She gave me a book. Ada Monroe. Man by the name of Bartram. Wrote about his travels. Sometimes just reading the name of a place near home - Sorell Cove, Fire Scale Ridge - enough to break your heart. Thing is, I've been thinking - those places belonged to people before us, to the Indian - What did he call Cold Mountain? How can a name, not even the real name, break your heart? It's her...She's the place I'm heading. And I hardly know her. I hardly know her!"





If this movie doesn't make you cry, I am pretty sure you are heartless. 





No comments:

Post a Comment