Saturday, March 26, 2011

Who would you invite? Day 3

So today I conducted my own little social experiment. I asked a bunch of people this questions, "If you could have lunch with any 6 people, alive or dead, who would you want to have lunch with?" I loved listening to people's answers! Almost everyone chose Jesus Christ. I should have prefaced that he was pretty much a given. There were a lot of religious figures: People from the Book of Mormon, like Nephi, Sam, Captain Moroni, some from the Bible, Peter, Stephen and Moses. Latter day religious figures like, Elder Holland, Julie B. Beck and the person almost every one chose, Joseph Smith. Emma Smith was a chose a lot too, but only one person chose both of them together. I think I would love to see their interaction with each other.
After the religious figures there were Politicians and historical figures: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, Da Vinci, Alfred Nobel, Einstein, the Dalai Lama.
There were writers and musicians: Shakespeare, Sergei Rachmaninoff, Mozart.
Then there were the people that really told a lot about the person choosing them, the athletes: Shoe-less Joe Jackson, Willy Mays, Hank Aaron (All three of those were my little brothers,), Babe Ruth, Patrick Roy and Alex Ovechkin (Both Hockey Players).
The icons: Audrey Hepburn, Coco Chanel, Agnes De Mille, Brad Pitt, Dana White, Ricky Martin, Christopher Nolan, Obama.
Then you had the most telling, the personal: The Grandparents, The Fathers, the sister in her non-handicap state, the Father-in-Law that died before they met.
Then two of my favorite answers: The husband and the fiancĂ©e. Even though they see them almost everyday. They would want them there to have lunch with them and the share that experience.

It was the most amazing day as I got to know the people I care most about a little better.


Mine would be.......
My Grandmothers,
Joan and Madge.



John the Beloved, He has been around forever! What stories he could tell!

I would also like C.S. Lewis to be there.


And Audrey Hepburn


And Dieter F. Uchtdorf
 OR
Cary Grant, Depending on their Schedules ;)


Wouldn't that be a great lunch? What would we talk about? How would they interact with each other? What would each person want to eat? I don't know if I would even talk, I could just sit back and listen and watch them talk to each other. It would be amazing. 

Who would you want to come to your lunch? What would you ask them?

1 comment:

  1. That's what that text was about! I didn't know, so I didn't answer :/

    ReplyDelete