Saturday, December 18, 2010

Angels

So last night I was in a little accident. Me and one of my best friends were coming home from a wedding reception in Provo. We were heading back to AF to go get something to eat with some other friends. We were on State St. And it was snowing. We were just discussing how we couldn't really see the lines and would just follow the tire treads, we stopped at a red light. Just talking. Then out of no where. BAM. We had been rear-ended. I had no idea what happened, all I knew was that my head hurt. The car wouldn't move. I asked my friend, who was driving, if she was ok. She said yes. I got my phone out and dialed 911, well I put in 977 first...then 911, ha ha ha. I was talking to the dispatcher telling them what happened and where we were and they kept asking what color the car was that hit us. I had no idea. I kept saying I didn't know, and the womans was like, "You can't turn around to see it, " and I was like No there are cars stopped all around us I have no idea who hit us! Gosh, they can be rude and pushy. Because believe me she didn't say it is a nice voice, it was patronizing. Then my door was opened by some dude who had stopped. He said he was a EMT. He asked me a bunch of questions: what is your name, what is today's date, what day of the week is it. Then he checked my neck and made sure I was ok. I still had a headache. So it was snowing and it was freezing cold, and I didn't have a coat, it wasn't snowing in AF when I left and I didn't have one that matched what I was wearing and I didn't plan on being outside. So I was freezing. This really nice woman came up to my door and handed me a jacket and a blanket. Then called Nick, the dude we were meeting in AF for dinner and then I called Nicole's house, but here parents weren't home, so I called their cells, I finally got her dad, they were luckily at the Mall just a few mins away. I then called my mom and let her know what happened and that we were ok. 

James, the EMT, stayed with us and the woman with the blankets offered to drive us home. They were amazing angels that Heavenly Father sent us.

So many people stopped to help. They called the police. They stayed to help. They tried to drive down the person that hit us. It was an amazing out pouring of love and concern. It reaffirmed my belief in humanity, working in my job(s) I get really depressed by somethings I see happen to people at the hands of people, but there is so much goodness! It was such a blessing. 

We found out later that the person that hit us was in a Black Jeep Grand Cherokee, but they speed off really quickly so no one was able to get the license number. We talked a lot about why they would leave and decided that they were in a hurry to get the bed side of a sick brother on the verge of death, that is why they couldn't stop.

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sweetie! I am so glad that you are ok. That is so sad and scarry! I am glad that those people stopped and helped you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are okay! glad there were so many people to help you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH! Leah, I'm so glad you are okay! I also want to find that a-hole who hit you guys! That is just not cool. :(

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete