Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tale of the Car(s)

SO here is the story...well first a story about my car. 


My car Suzi, is the best. She is orange and oh so much fun to drive. And I love her very much. But she has been getting fixed for the last 2 weeks. Sarah was borrowing her and she was in Salt Lake with a friend when they  heard Suzi making a funny noise and the check engine light came on. They pulled off the freeway to a gas station and popped the hood, and there were Suzi's innards all over! One of her belts broke taking with it a lot of the wiring, power steering and other things. So she got towed to the south towne auto mall to get fixed....so we have been with out her. Then Isaac took the black car to Price with him to go to school...so that left us the truck, The Van, and my mom's new car. And 4 drivers that all needed to get to work...well my mom walked to work, she was just going to Barratt. 
So on monday I was going to FHE, like I do every monday, in the truck. The truck is a small gray mazda . I got there early to set up chairs but sadly I forgot the keys to the church at home. So I dropped Sarah off and was going to go home to get the keys. As I pulled out of the far end of the parking lot I saw the Bishop pull into the other end. So no more need for the keys. I then pulled off the road and put my blinker on to flip around. I look and look and look again. And started to flip around to go to FHE. Sadly I didn't see a cute little blue car. And they hit right into me...I checked to see if they were ok and they were. I pull off the road and got out. Went around the car twice to see where they had hit me. The police were called and so was my father. I then ran over to the church, which I was practically in the parking lot of, to get someone to conduct for me. So all of the usual stuff happened when things like this happen. 
However, the poor truck was more damaged than you could see. The axle was bent. So it had to be taken in to be fixed. And here is the kicker...I got home that night and looked in my purse and the keys to the church where there...Sigh. I was very, very mad. 
So that put us down to two cars. The new one and The Van. So I have been driving The Van for the last couple of days. It has been rockin'. 
But today I got Suzi back! I am very happy but she cost so so so so so so so, so many so's, much to fix. I am now looking for a second part-time job to pay for her. If you know of anything please let me know! 


PS...on a side note about Mockingjay, I read this review today and it made me laugh. 
"The only un-redeemable quality about the novel is the obvious rush of the ending. The last forty pages were such a blur that even I had to reread to make sense of it all. Upon finishing the ending, tears blurred my vision, as I cast the book into a wall. For some readers, the ending may disappoint the reader for it was contradicting to the entire trilogy’s purpose."


You can find the whole thing here....http://my.hsj.org/Schools/Newspaper/tabid/100/view/frontpage/articleid/369069/newspaperid/3964/Mockingjay_a_Mockery.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment